Products for the bakery sector: sliced bread and pastries.
In the bakery sector, that includes sliced bread and industrial pastries, VEDEQSA offers solutions to solve the current market demands: longer-lasting products that maintain their texture, taste and freshness.
Microencapsulated sorbic acid
– Protects the bread against the presence of moulds.
– Reduces the percentage of yeast necessary to reach the desired volume, with the subsequent savings.
– Avoids the interaction of sorbic acid with yeasts during kneading and fermentation processes. This allows a reduction of the fermentation time and minimises the consumption of the preservative.
– Increases the shelf life of bakery products compared with the use of the same amount of non-encapsulated sorbic acid.
– Enhances the volume of the dough and the baked good compared with the use of non-encapsulated sorbic acid.
– Prevents caking of the preservative in powder blends.
Microencapsulated calcium propionate
– Avoids the interaction of calcium propionate with yeast during kneading and fermentation processes.
– Maintains bread volume without requiring additional yeast or extra fermentation time.
– Reduces the percentage of calcium propionate necessary for preservation because the release of the preservative occurs during the baking process.
– Improves the manipulation of calcium propionate avoiding the generation of dust during the production compared with the non-encapsulated product.